Friday, April 15, 2022

Day 15. Don't


A sure cure for my insomnia

Is to hear about your long, drawn-out interminable dream 

in glorious, boring, snoring dragging, droning,detail.

I’ll gaze at you, eyes wide, lips parted,

oozing interest,

But, happily for me,

My brain will seize that opportune, protracted, uninvited, and

 unexpected moment

to secretly snooze.


Please relieve me of your  dreams.

Those enigmatic, incomprehensible, unfathomable memories of sleep.

Don’t expect me to suspend my disbelief

and join you in your schitzy visit 

to the land of inscrutable underwear,

or watch your mother absurdly turn into a bird


Dreams may confuse you, amuse you, infuse you with glee

But they only induce me 

to sleep


Don’t invite me there, 

don’t share 

because,

believe me,

I simply don’t care.


Prompt: Write a poem about something you have absolutely no interest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30. Praise - Cento

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting  To feel that waking is another sleep   Blind go the days, but joy will see Wh...