Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Day 20. A Snappy Apple Verse (it could be worse)

Apple butter,  apple jelly

apple tart will fill your belly!

I’m crispy, crunchy, juicy, sweet

Smell me, try me, I’m a treat


I admit, I’m ripe with pride

Show me off, don’t make me hide

Polish, shine my crimson peel,

So I may garnish your next meal.


I reign supreme, a queenly fare

so I require the best of care

Respect my flesh, so sweet and white

And I will please with every bite.


I am fragile, so please don’t bruise

If you squash me, I tend to ooze

Should you forget and make me wait 

I’ll turn to mush and slime your plate.


I’m a gem with special appeal 

I hide deliciousness beneath my peel

I am a prize you may adore

Or I may be rotten to the core


Prompt: Write a poem that anthropomorphizes a kind of food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30. Praise - Cento

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting  To feel that waking is another sleep   Blind go the days, but joy will see Wh...