Friday, April 8, 2022

Day 8. Catty


Sun drenched, thirst quenched, I laze, dazed

and while away these halcyon days   

Supine, sublime, I repose, stretch my toes, unfazed

by hustle, bustle, skitter or scurry 

of no-ones and nothings who covet my gaze.

I reign supreme, a Queen, with no cause to worry


For I am Cat, empress of impeccable taste-

Mysterious, curious, yet oozing with grace

I am sleek of figure, exquisite of face

I shall seek the praise and esteem I am due

From everyone else of inferior race.

Enough! I shall now deign to be cuddled by you.

Prompt: Name your alter-ego, and then describe him/her in detail. Then write in your alter-ego’s voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30. Praise - Cento

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting  To feel that waking is another sleep   Blind go the days, but joy will see Wh...