Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Day 6. “My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes.” Acrostic Poem

“My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes.”      ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery in Anne of Green Gables ___________________________________________


My sinews reach deep into loam. Life, that fragile pulse, surges slowly. Is this what I will become? A scraggle of weed, a fungus sipping slime? Perfect, predicted. I shall praise providence with my mud-slicked limbs. Graveyard emanations - the ghastly ghostly effluence Of sunken souls will seep into my follicles. Buried in my corpuscles, it will sprout Hopes that unfurl and uncurl into bloom.

Prompt: Write an acrostic poem but instead of spelling a word have the first word of each line read out a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30. Praise - Cento

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting  To feel that waking is another sleep   Blind go the days, but joy will see Wh...